Wednesday, June 16, 2010

welcome

I am starting this blog as I begin to seek professional help and guidance from a Christian counselor for the depression I have struggled with to varying degrees throughout my life.

Most recently, when it escalated to the point of frequent suicidal thoughts, I became scared and sought out a professional therapist that attends the same church as I do.

I want to explore what it means to be saved by grace through Christ and believe in all the joyful promises of God while struggling with an overwhelming darkness. I want someone who is scouring the internet for help, for a reason to press onward, out of desperation and fear to find that they aren't the only one. I want to be able to look back at my progress and how the Lord uses depression in my life.

This blog is titled after a phrase my therapist used that really helped me shift the way I looked at myself and my struggle. Blessed by depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment